DART® Pro 24
Master the Quality.|
Audio Tools for Maximizing Sound Quality
New and improved tools for maximizing the sound quality of older or newly recorded audio.
DART Pro 24... the complete audio recording, sound quality improvement, and CD burning system that achieves the best results for your audio. You will be amazed by the power and range of the new, enhanced restoration tools and the exceptional audio quality they deliver. Use DART Pro 24 to record from any audio source, or use with existing digital files to clean up and improve even the most troublesome audio problems. Use the included CD burning utility to organize your audio files into custom play lists and burn standard Audio CDs that can be played in any CD player.
"IF THE RECORD WILL TRACK YOU CAN FIX IT. Virtually unplayable records with more noise than music will clean up without artifacts. You're in control with user adjustable filters, etc. Great Program."
"I've used it [DART PRO 24] recently to de-crackle some old LPs, remove some loud hum from a wedding tape, and to remove airplane noise from a bird recording. All the clients were delighted! Great product."
Restoration Filters | New Features | Applications | System Requirements | Data Sheet (PDF download)
"OH MY GAWD! Wait till you guys get your hands on the new Dart Pro 24.
… this thing blows away the competition and then some."
Razormaid Email Newsletter, March 2006
"Great stuff! … All in all, though, this version is great. The frequency split and mask noise together make it possible to take out very specific kinds of background noise with ease."
Bob Shackleton, DART Customer
- Works with 16 & 24 bit and up to 96kHz wave files and sound cards.
- Works with Music or Speech Recordings.
- Special audio restoration and quality improvement functions:
- Eliminate impulsive disturbances (Click and Pop removal)
- Eliminate broadband/wideband noise (Hiss and all types of background noise removal)
- Eliminate harmonic disturbances (Hum & Buzz removal)
- Noise suppression based on a psychoacoustic model of the human auditory system. (Improved results)
- Replacement and reconstruction of large and small fragments and losses. (Replacement and Drop-out reconstruction
- Many automatic and manually controlled audio tools. (For full control)
- GUI - Graphical User Interface for sound file visualization. (Waveforms, parametrics & spectral views)
- Filter Builder for unique combinations of tools and processing options.
- Batch processing. (For lengthy unattended processing)
- Analog recording. (Via the Sound Card)
- CD Rip & Burn (Audio CD processing)
- Documentation. (Online Help and Electronic Manual)
Eight Powerful Sound Quality Improvement Functions -
"Got my spiffy new copy of '24 today. Stoked the fires under the cpu and prompty recorded. Man is this signal clear! … The new signal processing is amazing. First pass got rid of alot of garbage from some not so pristine vinyl I have."
- DART DeClick Plus™ - Elimination of impulsive disturbances and low intensity wide band noise. The tool isolates and reconstructs irrevocably distorted signal samples.
- DART DeCrackle™ - An advanced tool for elimination of impulsive disturbances, based on bidirectional processing of audio signals (it combines results of forward-time and backward-time signal analysis).
- DART NoisePrint™ - A special noise identification function selects a fragment of a recording that contains noise only - a short piece of "silence" preceding or after a recorded signal. Or extract the NoisePrint from another recording.
- DART ReTouch™ - Manual control of DeClick and DeCrackle including replacement and reconstruction of large fragments useful for repairing long-lasting disturbances or dropouts.
- DART DeNoise Plus™ - Elimination of a broadband noise of known characteristics using NoisePrint to identify a specific noise pattern.
- DART MaskNoise™ - Noise suppression tool based on a psychoacoustic model of the human auditory system. MaskNoise identifies noise components of corrupted audio files and divides them into audible and inaudible components, "masked" by the audio signal. Only the audible components are removed.
- DART DeHiss Plus™ - A wideband noise reduction utility based on a standard noise model. Used when a noiseprint is not available.
- DART DeHum™ - Elimination of harmonic disturbances. (Hum and Buzz removal)
Al Baker, DART Customer
New Features -
Split/Join tools - Separate a sound file into multiple frequency components for individual processing.
Divide/Combine tools - Separate a sound file into different time divisions for individual processing.
UpSample/DownSample tool - Change the sample rates in a sound file for individual processing.
Split Frequency processing - Allows all filters and tools to work on different frequency components separately.
Time Division processing - Allows all filters and tools to work on different time divisions separately.
Add All tool - Add multiple files to one sound file.
Combine All tool - Combine multiple files to one sound file automatically aligning the waveforms where the merge.
Multi-cut tool - Remove a selected fragment from many files.
MP3 import - Import MP3 files directly.
"With this version of DART I can now really remove some more distortions, of worn records. This product has become more excellent !!"
Werner Christoffel, DART Customer
- 24 Bit 96 kHz processing - All functions and tools work on 16 or 24 bit sound files and any frequency up to 96 kHz. (See below for limitations)
- Batch processing - Process multiple tasks in the background.
- MaskNoise™ - A new wideband noise suppression tool based on a psychoacoustic model of the human auditory system.
- DeCrackle - Remove clicks and pops using automatic bidirectional processing of audio signals for music and speech recordings.
New Features -
More tools and functions:
"DART Products are tremendous. I was so pleased with the old Paul Whiteman acoustic recording of "Tell Her in the Spring" Time from 11-1924 that I had to share it. OK I committed the sin of reverb, but boy it sounds good. After the normal restorations (declick, dehiss, dehum) I adjusted the pitch downward, then equalized. I tried some of your spatial effects with reverb and wow! Enjoy something from 86 years ago."
- Scale, Maximize, Reverse & Add, Subtract, and Reverse signals.
- Split/Unit channels & Convert to/from Stereo/Mono.
- Editing - cut, copy, paste & multi-cut.
- Smart Editing - cut, mute & crossfade.
- Equalize frequency bands with Gain and Clipping controls.
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Bandstop & Notch filters.
- Fade In, Fade Out & Crossfade.
- Resample, Change Speed, Adjust RPM, & Trim Length adjustments..
- Speed Up and Down & Shift pitch modifications.
- Find Pattern, Compare & Mix audio signals.
- Unpack automatically to separate tracks and individual files. (From a silence NoisePrint)
- DeVocal & Reverb. (For Karaoke work)
- Waveforms, outliers, zooming, and 2D & 3D spectral analysis viewing.
- And others…
Processing options -
Records audio from multiple sources - Analog & Digital:
- Automatic and transparent 24 and 16 Bit sound file support and up to 96 kHz.
- Mono & Stereo.
- Music and Speech.
- Interactive, Batch and Real Time. (See below for limitations)
- Unique processing for each frequency and sample rate.
- Unique processing for each time division options.
- Forward & Reverse processing.
- Set/Drop Markers, Set/Remove frames, Divide/Combine time slices.
- MyFilter & Filter Builder for making custom filters with unique filter & processing combinations.
- DirectX audio plug-in support - use any DirectX plug-in with DART PRO 24.
Player controls - lift tracks, add, delete, rename, move, play, pause, loop, etc.
- 78, 45 or 33 RPM records.
- Cassette or reel-to-reel tapes; radio too.
- Extract CD tracks and DAT tape.
- Supports numerous SCSI and EIDE CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW devices.
Graphics - See the audio and see the distortions to find and fix -
- 2D & 3D spectral analysis, parametrics, waveforms, outliers, zooming, etc.
Applications - Who is using the most complete audio restoration & recording system?
Minimum System Requirements -
- Audio Engineers - Professional re-mastering of music and post production audio quality work.
- Project Studios - Remove and reduce audio distortions from vocal and instrumental tracks.
- Forensics Analysis - Investigative and Evidentiary audio analysis.
- Historians and Archivists - Recovery of historical voice recordings, or lecture tape clarification and amplification.
- School music labs - Teach digital audio, audio science and music history.
- DJs - Music Recovery, Audio improvement, Playlist Construction and Recording.
- KJs - Removal of lead vocal and adding sound affects. (audio prep for Karaoke authoring)
- Music lovers - Restore and Save the music you love from records, tapes, cassettes, and video.
- Record collectors - Music Restoration, Preservation, & Listening.
- CPU: Intel Pentium® or equivalent (or faster).
- System Software: Microsoft Windows 7®, Windows XP® (Professional or Home Edition), NT®, ME® and 2000®.
- Memory: 16 MB RAM & 1.2 GB Disk (Temp space for writing a CD).
- Sound Card: 16 or 24 Bit Windows compatible (for analog sound recording).
- DVD/CD-R/W Drive: SCSI, USB or EIDE (for writing audio CDs Windows XP only). (Nearly 2,000 different devices - see list of supported devices.)
- DART PRO 24 works with all types of music media and list of DVD/CD-R or DVD/CD-RW devices.
Warning: Attempts to use the restoration functions in real time at 24 bit 96 kHz may be hazardous to your audio health!
Recording at 16 bits and 44 kHz requires 10 megabytes for one minute of audio. Doing the same at 24 bits and 96 kHz requires 35 megabytes per minute of audio. That's 3.5 times as much data. More data in the audio stream requires a corresponding increase in CPU power to process the data in a given time interval. Good results can be acheived by first recording to a disk file at 96 kHz and then processing the disk file in "in-line" mode.
When DART PRO 24 processes high resolution audio in real time directly to or from the sound card the results are likely to be unacceptable. This issue is due to the large amount of digitized audio data and CPU processing power limitations and not DART PRO 24 programming. The restoration algorithms are complicated and require significant CPU power especially DeCrackle.
For more information on this topic read the article titled The DART Two Step - First record, then Restore.
Tell a friend about DART
DART, Digital Audio Restoration Technology,
is a registered trademark of DARTECH, Inc. a subsidiary of ZH Computer, Inc.
Copyright © 1998-2010, DARTECH, Inc. All Rights Reserved
DartPro Home page
Website design by PinePoint WebWorks